Impossible pie is impossibly easy, versatile, and delicious.
The recipe came from my aunt Helen, who got it from a Bisquick box! Here are a bunch of impossibly easy pie recipes from Betty Crocker!
Here’s my recipe for Impossible Pie (as we call it) made with turkey, broccoli, and cheese:
1 pkg (a little over a pound) of ground turkey
1 -2 cloves or 1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 bag of steamable broccoli with cheese sauce
1/2 C. Bisquick dry mix
1 C. milk
Salt, and pepper to taste
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the minced garlic for a minute or two, to open the flavors
- Add the ground turkey, salt, pepper, and any other seasonings you want the meat to have (you can also hold the S&P until the egg part if you want.
- While the turkey is cooking, throw the bag of broccoli in the microwave, as per the directions on the bag
- Drain the turkey, toss the cheesy broccoli in the pan, and toss everything around to mix it well.
- Spray a 8×8 or 9×9 pan with cooking spray and put the turkey, broccoli, cheese mix in there.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Bisquick mix, the milk, eggs, and the S&P if you were waiting until this stage to add them, and mix it well
- Pour the mix over the turkey and broccoli (you can sprinkle some extra shredded cheese in top, f you have it lying around…. I didn’t)
- Bake at 400° for about 35 – 40 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean from the center.