Yes, that’s right. “Ghastly” easy because they are little ghosts and I don’t even care if that’s cheesy!
Haleybug and I knocked these little guys out in under an hour and they are pretty adorable. Best of all, I didn’t buy anything special to make these things, it’s just junk that I had sitting in my closet!
WHAT WE USED:
- White crepe streamer
- Regular 8 x 11 printer paper
- Standard white ribbon (the kind you use for wrapping gifts)
- A marker
- Safety scissors (safety first!)
WHAT WE DID:
- Take 1 sheet of the plain paper and ball it up
- Cut 6 pieces of the streamer (these can be uniform sizes or different, it doesn’t matter)
- Arrange the streamer in a star shape on a flat surface.
- Cut another piece of ribbon about 8 inches long. This is what you will use to hang the ghosts, so he length really depends on your preference and intended placement.
- I tied a quadruple knot on one end because I REALLY don’t want to have to re-string these guys.
- Use the scissors to poke a hole through the center of the star shape you made with the streamers and put the end of the ribbon through, keeping the knot on the “inside” and place the paper ball over the knot.
- Carefully bring all ends of the streamer together with the ball in the middle (this is where you should see the ghost starting to come together)
- Cut a piece of the ribbon about 7 inches long and tie it around all the streamer pieces, right at the base of the ball (seeing it now?)
- I tied the ribbon into a little bow because I’m fancy, that’s completely up to you. Cut the ends off if you don’t want to do anything with them.
- Take your safety scissors and have you, or your little love, cut the ends on of the streamers to looked ragged.
- I placed a little extra tape around the hole where the ribbon came out just to be safe, but that’s up to you.
- Draw on some faces and hang these cute little guys up around the house for some fun Halloween decor!